Academic Support Information
The BLISS Online Student Tutoring Program is available online during certain after-school hours.
Many departments have support centers set up before school, after school, and/or during lunch. Here is a list of some of that information:
Academies: Capstone help during lunch and after school in room 342.
Career and Tech Ed: Teachers are available in their classrooms at lunch, or after school with prior arrangement.
- Communication Arts Program: Teachers hold their own academic support and review sessions as needed. Please schedule a time with your CAP teacher for extra help and to review for tests or make up assignments.
- English: Academic support is available both lunches and after school, Monday thru Thursday in Writing Lab 174, (where students have computer and printing access for English work). There is always an adult (English Composition Assistant) on hand to support writing. Students are also encouraged to make appointments with their specific teacher as needed.
- ESOL: Support available both lunches in room 152.
- Fine Arts: Teachers are available in their classrooms at lunch, or after school with prior arrangement.
- Health and Physical Education: Upon request in the PE Offices (rooms 114 & 116).
- Mathematics: Individual teachers are available as per this schedule; Math help for all classes is available in room 233 during lunch.
- Magnet: Math help available both lunches in room 312; Chemistry help is available both lunches second semester in room 325; Computer Science help is available both lunches most days in rooms 314 and/or 328.
- Social Studies: Academic support is in room 144 and is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during both lunches. Students may reassess quizzes or make up missed tests and/or quizzes in this room. Students who need extra help should arrange to meet with their individual teachers.
- Science: Academic support is after school and at lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. First semester, 5th period support is in room 332, 6th period support is in room 344, and after school is in 341. Second semester 5th period support is in room 332, 6th period support is in room 345, and after school is in 341. There is also academic support by class, the schedule is posted outside room 341, or students can make an appointment with their teacher. The Science National Honor Society also offers peer tutoring during 5th period lunch in room 332 and 6th period lunch in room 321.
- World Languages: Support is available during both lunches Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursday in rm 166.